Say goodbye to boring lunch sandwiches. This flavorful Asian chicken salad sandwich is packed full of fresh shredded chicken, chopped green onion and some sweet mandarin oranges.
Chicken salad doesn’t have to be boring. This sandwich is jazzed up with the addition of cabbage, carrots, mandarin oranges and even a few toasted almonds. This is one chicken salad that could never be called boring.
Asian chicken salad sandwiches with mandarin oranges recipe
Yields 2 sandwiches
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (should contain green and red cabbage and carrots)
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons ginger salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mandarin orange slices
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, add together shredded chicken, coleslaw mix, almonds, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and ginger salad dressing. Mix to combine.
- Gently fold in mandarin oranges.
- Divide the mixture in half and make sandwiches by placing half the mixture on 1 slice of the bread and topping with the other slice of bread.