This sweet pineapple rice is perfect when stuffed into jumbo bell peppers. Make it meatless or add in some leftover chopped chicken.
This is one tasty rice that gives you the best of both worlds. Savory and sweet. We used leftover brown rice but white rice or jasmine rice would be great options as well. This rice can be served in a bowl, but we love it served in a fresh bell pepper bowl. Fresh and delicious!
Pineapple rice stuffed peppers
Yield 4 side dish-sized servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small carrot, diced small
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chunked pineapple (you could also use crushed pineapple if desired)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large bell peppers (use any color desired)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet. add 2 tablespoons sesame oil and heat over medium.
- Add in carrot, yellow onion, green onion and chunked pineapple. Cook until the vegetables just start to soften.
- Add in brown rice, grated ginger, minced garlic and soy sauce. Cook until warmed and slightly browned.
- Cut bell peppers in half and clean out seeds.
- Scoop warm rice into a bell pepper halves and sprinkle with cilantro.
We used gorgeous purple bell peppers for this recipe. Look for them at the farmers market or at gourmet grocery stores.