Chocolate avocado truffles
You won't believe the secret ingredient in these delicious-looking truffles. You will never look at an avocado the same way again!
Avocados aren't just for guacamole and tacos. We have taken these healthy little gems and turned them into a decadent vegan dessert. These truffles are fudgy and full of rich chocolate flavor. You won't believe that the secret ingredient is avocado!
Chocolate avocado truffles recipe
Yields about 20 truffles
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (make sure it's vegan friendly)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Remove the flesh from the inside of the avocado and mash till smooth. You can also do this in a food processor or mixer. You want the mixture very smooth. Set aside.
- Slowly melt dark chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to stir it every 15 seconds.
- Once fully melted, add in avocado, dark brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, salt and 1-1/2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has firmed up, take a small (2 teaspoons) scoop and scoop out truffles. Quickly smooth into a ball in your hand and roll in remaining cocoa powder. Continue until all the truffles have been rolled.
- Keep refrigerated for firmer truffles or at room temperature for soft truffles.
For a similar take on chocolate avocado truffles, check out Apple of My Eye's recipe.