Creamy roasted garlic rigatoni with tomatoes and spinach
In this pasta dish, we combine the delicious flavors of fresh tomatoes, spinach, creamy ricotta cheese and roasted garlic. This is a wonderful meatless meal for any day of the week.
This pasta dish is loaded with juicy tomatoes, fresh baby spinach combined with a creamy sauce that is infused with roasted garlic. Roasted garlic is wonderful in this recipe since it lends a slightly sweet flavor and blends perfectly with the tartness of fresh tomatoes.
Creamy roasted garlic rigatoni with tomatoes and spinach recipe
For the sauce
- 2 heads roasted garlic, cloves removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a medium-sized baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- With a fork gently mash the garlic cloves. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the ingredients for the sauce including the mashed garlic. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, tomatoes and the fresh spinach tossing gently. Pour the creamy sauce over top of the pasta and mix well. Spoon enough of the pasta into the baking dish to cover the bottom and add dollops of ricotta cheese over the top. Cover with more pasta and repeat until all the pasta is used. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake uncovered for 25–30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.