Not all pizza comes with red sauce. Try this pizza pie loaded with potatoes and fresh herbs for something different.
Mondays can be rough for getting dinner on the table, but you don’t have to resort to ordering pizza. Instead, try this Meatless Monday recipe for potato-rosemary pizza. To cut down on prep time, we used prepared pizza dough. This pie is topped with cheese, potatoes, shallots and fresh herbs and definitely isn’t your ordinary pizza. It’s delicious!
Potato-rosemary pizza recipe
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large shallots, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough package directions. Spread your pizza dough out on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, and enough water to cover them, to a large pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, then drain them.
- When the potatoes have cooled to the touch, slice them thin (use a mandolin if you have one).
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the potato slices, season them with salt, and cook, turning often, for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to turn lightly golden.
- During the last few minutes the potatoes are cooking, add the garlic and shallots to the pan. Remove and set aside.
- Brush the top of the dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 3 ounces of the mozzarella cheese to the dough, followed by a single layer of the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, the remaining 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese, and the ground black pepper over the potatoes.
- Cook according to the pizza dough package directions, or until the crust turns golden.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, add the rosemary leaves to the top of the pizza.
- Serve warm.
You’ll enjoy this potato-topped pizza!