A truly skinny version of our favorite summer dip, for those of us who lack portion control.
I set out to find a recipe for a truly skinny spinach dip and found a lot of recipes that were “lighter” but still contained quite a bit of cheese, fat and calories. Now, if you’re the kind of girl that can have a few bites and walk away, you’d probably do rather well with those recipes. But for those of us who have a hard time putting down the dip and walking away, we need a dip that won’t push us into fat pants if we can’t stop eating until the bowl is licked clean. This version depends on fat-free Greek yogurt, some light mayo (or sour cream), veggies and spices to give you a dip that is packed with protein and is less than 300 calories for the entire bowl! Eat it with raw veggies to keep it on the skinny side.
Truly skinny spinach dip recipe
Yields 3 cups
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise or light sour cream
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crudites for serving
- In a large bowl stir together all ingredients (except the crudites), chill until ready to serve.
- This dip is best if the flavors are left to develop for a few hours, so don’t be afraid to make it a day ahead of time.
- Serve with crudites.