Melted ice cream made into bread? Don’t turn up your nose on this one. It’s possible and delicious!
Did you know that you can use ice cream to make a delicious quick bread. We used coffee-flavored ice cream and mixed it with espresso powder and chocolate chips. This bread would also be great if made with butter pecan or fresh chocolate chip mint.
Ice cream bread recipe
Yield 2 (6 inch) mini loaves
- 1 cup coffee ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add ice cream, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and espresso powder.
- Mix until just combined and stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spray two loaf pans with nonstick spray and divide dough between loaf pans.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.