This simple cake is egg-free and totally easy to throw together. It only takes one bowl and just a few minutes to go from hungry to happy.
Vegan doesn’t have to mean tasteless. This rich chocolate cake is delicious served alone or with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. The best part about this dessert is the moist and deep dark chocolate flavor. You’re going to go crazy for a slice of this sweet treat.
Egg-free chocolate cake recipe
Yields 9 x 9-inch cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you could use almond extract)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 9-inch glass dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt.
- Stir in vegetable oil, white vinegar, vanilla extract and water. Once the batter is smooth, add to prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cake springs back when cooked and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Serve alone or with powdered sugar.