Everyone loves chicken skewers. These little gems have been marinaded in red pepper and cilantro. What’s not to love?
This is not your average grilled chicken. This chicken is full of cilantro and red pepper and packs a punch in the flavor department. Your whole family is going to love this dish and ask for it night after night.
Spicy cilantro chicken skewers recipe
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (you can leave the stems on)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you want more heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add chicken breast tenders to a casserole dish, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add olive oil, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and pepper. Pulse ingredients a few time to break up and make a marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover, place in the refrigerator and let sit overnight.
- The next day, preheat the grill to medium heat and soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Add 2 marinated tenders per long wooden skewer (If you have short skewers than simply do one per skewer) and cook until no longer pink in the middle.