Quick, easy and so delicious, this Chinese chicken salad is bursting with fresh flavors and healthy ingredients.
A bowlful of flavor
Who needs take-out? Make your own version of Chinese chicken salad at home with the help of a store-bought rotisserie chicken. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
Chinese chicken salad recipe
For the salad
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1/2 package wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 prepared rotisserie chicken
- 1 head red lettuce, torn
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the peanut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the wonton strips in batches until crispy. Drain the fried wontons on a paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toast the sesame seeds and the almonds just until fragrant.
- Pull all the meat off the rotisserie chicken and shred.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, green onions, red onion, snow peas, cabbage, chicken, almonds, sesame seeds and fried wonton strips.
- To make the dressing whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- To serve, toss salad with dressing or drizzle over individual portions.