What does the sweet aroma of caramel corn remind you of? We think of fairs, baseball games, and all around deliciousness! Easily make your own and create new memories.
Start the weekend off right! This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for peanutty caramel corn is the perfect treat for any occasion… or none at all! It’s easy to make at home (and your kitchen will smell delightful) and serve up to watch a baseball game on TV, munch on while sitting around the pool or even as a snack after outdoor winter fun.
Peanutty caramel corn recipe
Adapted from Land O’Lakes
Yields 6 cups
- 6 cups (popped) popcorn
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
You can double this recipe to serve more people, just divide the popped corn between two baking sheets.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat it with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the popped corn on the baking sheet and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Allow the mixture to melt, stirring to combine, and allow it to bubble up. Stirring constantly, cook the mixture for 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and carefully add the baking soda and vanilla, stirring to mix it.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn as evenly as possible, then evenly sprinkle the peanuts over the popcorn, along with the salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix the popcorn and caramel.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, removing it every 10 minutes to toss the popcorn with the rubber spatula.
- When done cooking, remove the popcorn from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking sheet.
- When the popcorn has cooled, gently break it up and serve. Store extra caramel corn in an airtight container.