A cheeseburger is always delicious but what about when it’s in wrap form! It’s even better when you see all that gooey cheese that is inside the wrap!
Homemade hamburgers are great but what about when you don’t want to eat all that bread that comes along with serving it on a bun? Simple. Serve it wrapped inside a soft flour tortilla. You might think this seems a little odd but trust us. You get all that classic burger flavor with a lot less bread filler.
Grilled cheeseburger wrap recipe
Yields 1 wrap
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 inch) flour tortilla
- Handful of lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- Condiments: mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup
- In a small bowl, add ground beef and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Using your hands, mix the beef and shape into an oblong patty. Remember that this is fitting into a tortilla not a bun. You don’t want it to be round.
- Add to a hot grill and cook until just slightly pink in the center. Add cheese and let cheese melt on the top. Remove cheeseburger from the grill and add flour tortilla to the grill. Char for a few seconds on each side. Remove.
- Add cheeseburger to the middle of the tortilla and top with lettuce, tomato and desired condiments.