Homemade french fries are delicious, but you don’t have to fry them. These baked fries are sprinkled with garlic and cilantro and perfect when served with dinner.
These french fries are taken to the extreme! Perfectly baked until crispy and then tossed with a little olive oil, tons of garlic, cilantro and just a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. These are not your normal side dish fries. These babies are packed with flavor.
Baked garlic cilantro fries recipe
Yields 4 side dish size servings
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, skins washed and cut into french fry shape
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- Cut potatoes and add to a large bowl of cold water. Let potatoes soak while you prepare the topping.
- In a small bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, minced garlic and chopped cilantro. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Drain potatoes, dry the potatoes and add to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until tender and crisp. Flip the potatoes once after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add to a large bowl. Add garlic mixture and gently toss. Make sure the mixture coats all the fries.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and serve hot.