Layer on the flavor! Cut open a jalapeño and fill it with cornbread and lots of spicy flavor. This is the perfect summertime treat.
These fun little cornbread-stuffed jalapeños are a spicy twist on your typical cornbread. Simply mix up a box of your favorite cornbread, add bacon and stuff into large jalapeño peppers. You’ll love this spicy and sweet combination.
Cornbread jalapeño poppers
Yields 24 pieces
- 12 medium to large jalapeño peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 box cornbread mix
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or Silpat, set aside.
- Make cornbread according to box directions. Stir in bacon and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Gently spoon the cornbread mixture into each half jalapeño pepper. Careful not to overfill because the cornbread will rise as it bake.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of each stuffed jalapeño pepper.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until the cornbread is fully cooked.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or serve alongside a bowl of chili.