Artichoke and feta tart
Flaky puff pastry, artichokes and tangy feta are what create this elegant dish. Baked and served warm, it's a perfect light meal served alongside a green salad and a chilled glass of white wine.
This is one delicious tart!. Artichokes and feta really complement one another in this recipe, and the puff pastry serves as the perfect buttery crust. This can double as an appetizer or as a light meal and it's super easy to make. It's best served warm or at room temperature, making it a great recipe for a party.
Artichoke and feta tart recipe
Inspired by Bon Appétit
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces feta, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Shaved Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a tart pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the feta and the cream until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently press the puff pastry into the tart pan, removing any extra dough along the edges. Spoon the feta mixture into the center of the pastry and spread evenly. Arrange the artichokes over the feta mixture and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush the edges of the tart with the egg and place the tart in the oven
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in color. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.