Chicken potato salad
Chicken and potato salad is everyone's favorite, and there are so many ways to enjoy it. Our way? Grill the chicken first!
This is such a yummy treat with the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery all mixed up with mayonnaise. And to make it even better, fresh mint gives it a good spark of added flavor.
Chicken potato salad recipe
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 7 ounces chicken fillet
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces mayonnaise (can be adjusted)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Put the potatoes in a pan and pour cold water in until the potatoes are just submerged. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes until they are tender. Check by poking them with a fork or the tip of a knife. Peel and dice. Set them aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot of boiling water, drop the carrot and cook for about 5-8 minutes. depending on the size, making sure that they still remain slightly crunchy. Peel and dice.
- While waiting for the potatoes to cook, grill the chicken fillet on a griddle until both sides are cooked through. Dice.
- In a big bowl, put together the potatoes, carrot, chicken and celery. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.