Blackberry basil margarita
Margaritas are perfect this time of year and adding a fun twist of berries and basil will make for a pitcher that your guests won't soon forget.
Blackberry basil margarita recipe
- 1 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) good quality tequila
- Add the blackberries, basil and sugar to a large glass pitcher.
- Using a muddler or a wooden spoon, smash and muddle the blackberries and basil until the sugar has dissolved, and you start to smell the basil.
- Stir in the lime juice and the tequila.
- Pour into glasses over ice.