These quinoa peanut butter banana bars are packed with healthy ingredients and perfect for breakfast on the go or snacking you can feel good about!
The type of peanut butter you use will determine the bars consistency. All-natural peanut butter (shown here) will make the bars airy and light, while a regular peanut butter will create a denser, heavier bar. If you’re using regular peanut butter (with sugar added), consider cutting back or omitting the brown sugar.
Quinoa peanut butter banana bars recipe
- 2 cups prepared quinoa, room temperature
- 1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons quick oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large, ripe banana
- Chia seeds for the top if desired
- Spray a 6 x 8-inch pan with sides very lightly with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper). Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together well.
- Place mixture into the prepared pan, packing it down and smoothing it out on top with a spoon or silicon spatula. Sprinkle chia seeds on top and press into the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Cut into bars and serve.
More healthy snack ideas
4 Snacks to boost brain power
Snacks that won’t wreck your diet
5 Protein-rich snacks kids love
Leave a Comment