Chorizo rice with tomatoes
One of the best things that the Spanish invented is chorizo. Cooking it with rice is one of the best ways to enjoy it like this flavorful recipe. Let's dig in!
You want to mix something special with your cooked rice that can go with everything. What's one of the most flavorful ingredients? Chorizo! It's packed with oozing flavors of pork and smoked paprika together. Yum!
Chorizo rice with tomatoes recipe
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces chorizo, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece of leek, about 3 inches, sliced
- 5 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (can be replaced with red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil, saute the chorizo.
- When the chorizo is starting to get toasted, saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, leek, vinegar and paprika. Toss for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well with the ingredients.
- Season with salt & pepper.