Beef braciola rolls with prosciutto and Parmesan cheese
Prosciutto, Parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts, parsley, garlic and olive oil all wrapped up in a thin slice of beef and grilled to perfection!
There are many different ways to prepare braciola. Here we recommend serving our version with mashed potatoes, a homemade creamy polenta or your favorite marinara!
Beef braciola rolls with prosciutto and Parmesan cheese recipe
- 3/4 -1 pound beef braciola, about 4 pieces, pounded thin
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, (divided 2 and 2)
- 3-4 ounces thinly sliced quality prosciutto
- Cooking spray or additional olive oil for grilling
- In a small frying pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add minced garlic to the pan and heat until fragrant and softening, careful not to overcook, about 1 minute. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add your Parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts, parsley, and sauteed garlic with its oil plus the additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix together well.
- Place thinly pounded braciola pieces on a flat, sanitary surface. Place one slice of prosciutto on top of each braciola piece. Spoon some of the cheese and pine nut mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Starting with the wider end of braciola (if there is one), roll up jelly roll style. Tie braciola with kitchen twine to secure. Spray braciola rolls with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill braciola seam side up first for 3 minutes. Flip seam side down and cook an additional 3 minutes. Turn the heat way down and cook the braciola rolls on their sides an additional 1-2 minutes per side for a total grilling time of 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow braciola rolls to sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with mashed potatoes, a creamy polenta or favorite marinara sauce.
The prosciutto and Parmesan cheese will add salt to this dish. After grilling and slicing, taste and only salt if needed.