This recipe for DIY marinated summer vegetables is infused with herbs and olive oil then added to jars and preserved. Serve these delicious veggies on sandwiches, salads or pasta dishes or share with a friend as a gift.
What a better way to enjoy summer vegetables than by preserving them. Here we added our favorite veggies, garlic, herbs and a mixture of olive oil and vinegar to create this wonderful condiment. Enjoy these vegetables on sandwiches, over top a nice green salad or add to an antipasto plate with gourmet cheeses.
Homemade marinated summer vegetables recipe
- 1 pint-size canning jar
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1-2 carrots, very thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons champagne or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs such as oregano or thyme (you can also use fresh herbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the carrots, bell peppers and garlic cloves. Roast until slightly soft about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the vinegar, olive oil, herbs and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables and toss gently. Add the mixture to the jar and place the lid on tightly. Allow to chill several hours or up to several days before serving.