Not all noodles are off-limits to those with Celiac disease or with a sensitivity to gluten. Use rice noodles to create tasty meals.
This dish is filling and fun with its oodles of noodles! For a Gluten-free Friday meal, try teriyaki tofu and zucchini with rice noodles. It’s easy to make and brings great flavor to the table. The rice noodles cook quickly, but if you can’t find them at your grocery store, you could substitute gluten-free rice spaghetti instead and cook according to the package directions. Using gluten-free products with other great ingredients for this recipe, this dish will become something you’ll want to cook often.
Teriyaki tofu and zucchini with rice noodles recipe
- 1/2 cup gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (then slices cut in half)
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 6 ounces firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and cut into cubes
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- Sprigs of cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable broth, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, water, and sugar. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Add the oil to a saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and continue cooking for another minute.
- As you’re cooking the vegetables, bring a large pot of water to boil and add the rice noodles, cooking for about 2 minutes. When done, drain the noodles, then rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add the tofu to the pan, stir all the ingredients together and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the broth mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the rice noodles, and stir to coat and allow them to heat through.
- Serve in immediately in individual bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Go nuts over rice noodles!