Creamy peanut butter and jelly ice cream
Craving a peanut butter and jelly? Instead of eating it the traditional way, wedged between two slices of bread, why not enjoy it frozen after dinner? That's right, we’re talking about peanut butter and jelly ice cream and, friends, we're already addicted.
There's something so comforting about peanut butter and jelly. And really, what's better comfort food than ice cream? This thick and custardy ice cream is so perfect, you'll want to hoard it all for yourself. Don't worry, we won't tell the others.
Creamy peanut butter and jelly ice cream recipe
Yields about 4 cups
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup milk (we used 2%)
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Whisk the peanut butter, sugars, whipping cream and milk together in a large bowl. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Top the bowl with foil and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once freezer bowl has chilled, pour the mixture into the bowl and turn on the ice cream maker. Let churn until thick and creamy, about 15–20 minutes. Freeze for another hour.
- When serving, scoop one scoop of ice cream into a bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons of jam. Repeat if necessary. Add some peanuts for added crunch.