For those who love the combination of sweet and salty flavors, this salted caramel sauce is for you. You might just end up eating it with a spoon!
Sweet and salty perfection
This caramel sauce is so easy to make, you’ll never buy another jar again. Drizzle it over popcorn, ice cream or, for a slightly healthier snack, use it as a dip for apple slices.
Salted caramel sauce recipe
Yields about 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the sugar in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts. This will take a few minutes.
- Once the sugar has melted add the butter one piece at a time. Whisk until the butter is all melted.
- Wait a few seconds, then add the cream slowly. Whisk as you add the cream until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and whisk to incorporate.
- Let cool in the pan, then pour carefully into a Mason jar or glass dish to store. Store in the refrigerator.
More Daily Flavor
Slow cooker dulce de leche
Salted turtle cookies
Nutty chocolate chip cookie dough dip