Sweet potatoes aren’t just for the holidays! This curry dish includes sweet potatoes for great flavor and substance. It’s an easy-to-make dish that is a delight.
The aroma of cooking curry awakens the senses! For a Meatless Monday meal, entice your family or guests with this aromatic dish of sweet potato and tofu curry. The sweet potatoes are a great way to add substance and flavor to this dish. You’ll be surprised by how simple it is to make. This curry is rich, hearty and brimming with flavor.
Sweet potato and tofu curry recipe
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 6-8 ounces baked tofu
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato cubes and cook, stirring, until they are soft and browned.
- Add the coconut milk and broth to the mixture, then stir in the onion, garlic, curry powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Stir to mix.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the broccoli florets, tofu and cilantro. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Evenly divide the brown rice between individual bowls and serve the curry mixture over the rice. Garnish with pieces of cilantro.
Start your week off right with a curry dish!