These might just be the best nachos ever! Tortilla chips are layered with black beans, salsa, cheese and diced veggies and finished off with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce. Perfect for a fast family dinner or as an appetizer.
These nachos have serious flavor! Piled high with all the best Mexican food toppings such as salsa, cheese and avocado, you can make these either vegetarian or add any type of meat you choose. These are a super easy dinner idea or, if you are having a party or get-together, serve them as an appetizer.
Super-loaded barbecue nachos recipe
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed), you can use fresh or canned corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sweet and spicy barbecue sauce (we love this recipe)
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread the tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the black beans, corn and the salsa over the tortilla chips and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Drizzle the barbecue sauce over the chips and bake for about 6-8 minutes or until you see the cheese melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomato, onion, jalapeños, avocado and sour cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
If you don’t want the vegetarian version, add diced chicken or pulled pork to these already delicious nachos.