Lemon cashew chicken salad
Diced chicken breast and crunchy cashews are folded into a creamy dressing and infused with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and herbs. This is wonderful for the summer months served over greens or on your favorite bread.
This recipe takes the basic chicken salad and turns it into a refreshing dish by using fresh herbs and the bright flavors of Meyer lemons. This is an excellent make-ahead salad to keep on hand for lunches or quick dinners.
Lemon cashew chicken salad recipe
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 small Meyer lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients, mixing very well. Chill for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve over top a green salad or on your favorite sandwich bread.
You can make this ahead, just do not add the cashews until you are ready to serve as they can become soggy.