Pancetta, Brie & Gorgonzola cheese straws
Once you start, you won't stop! These crunchy cheese and ham straws are so tasty and delicious!
Cheese straws are perfect for munching on their own or with a cool glass of Champagne or wine. With the tasty combination of pancetta, Brie and Gorgonzola, you would definitely want more! Feel free to replace the cheese and ham. Whatever you put inside these baked crunchy straws will definitely be a winner!
Pancetta, Brie & Gorgonzola cheese straws recipe
Yields about 12 straws
- 7 ounces pancetta (or replace with bacon), diced
- 1 store-bought rectangular puff pastry
- Olive oil
- 2-1/2 ounces Gorgonzola (or replace with other kinds of blue cheese), finely chopped
- 2-1/2 ounces Brie, finely chopped
- Over medium fire in a saucepan without any oil, toast the pancetta until they are almost crunchy. Let them cool.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on the working area with flour.
- Brush or spray some olive oil on the puff pastry.
- Distribute the Brie, Gorgonzola and pancetta on the puff pastry.
- Slice the puff pastry then twist, making sure the cheese and pancetta remain inside the straws.
- Transfer the straws to an oiled baking pan.
- Bake at 260 degrees F for 12–14 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy.