I spent some time in Spain a few years ago and had my share of traditional red sangria. A full-flavor chilled red wine, some fruit and a bit of sparkling water make this a great way to enjoy red wine when the weather turns hot.
Spanish sangria recipe
- 1 bottle red Spanish wine
- 6 ounces Manzanilla sherry
- 4 ounces Cointreau
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup sparkling water
- In a large pitcher combine the wine, sherry, Cointreau, orange and apples.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Just prior to serving, add the frozen raspberries and sparkling water.