4 School-inspired sips for moms
Back to school isn't just stressful for the kids, it's stressful for the parents too! From buying supplies and reorganizing schedules to figuring out the bus route, it can be just as nail biting for moms as the kids! To combat the stress, we've whipped up four inspired drinks to ease the pain.
These school-inspired sips will take the edge off any back to school nightmare, from missing the bus to forgetting to pack little Sally's lunch. To keep things running as smoothly as possible, wait to enjoy one of these until after you pick the kids up from soccer.
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce strawberry vodka
- About 1/3 cup mashed strawberries
- Combine all ingredients. Pour into a chilled wine glass and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Purple school bus shot
Yields about 6 shooters.
- 2 ounces sugar (about 12 teaspoons)
- 2 ounces water
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces dark red wine
- Puree the blackberries in a blender until smooth and thick. Meanwhile, make a simple syrup by heating the sugar and water together in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix the simple syrup, blackberry puree and red wine until fully mixed. Pour mixture into shooter glasses and chill for about 30 minutes.
A + white wine smoothie
Yields 2 drinks
- 1/4 pound nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 pound raspberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rose or chilled white wine
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until mixed. Place in a freezer safe basin and chill for 2 hours. Serve in a wine glass and garnish with fresh mint.
Yields about 1 cocktail
- 1 ounce bourbon (we used Jim Beam)
- 2 ounces sparkling cherry juice
- 5 fresh cherries
- Mix the bourbon and cherry juice together. Shake until mixed. Pour into a jar with ice cubes and add cherries.