Meatless Monday: Blueberry-mint chia seed smoothies
Nothing tops fresh fruit, especially when it takes center stage at breakfast! This smoothie recipe adds fresh blueberries to the mix to make the morning special.
Healthy, filling and loaded with fresh flavors, this Meatless Monday recipe for blueberry-mint chia seed smoothies gets your day off to a good start. Fresh blueberries and mint pack the flavor punch, and the chia seeds help keep you feeling full. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, antioxidants and protein, and they are one of the richest plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Blueberry-mint chia seed smoothie recipe
Yields 2 (6 ounce) smoothies
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 mint leaves, to taste, plus extra for garnish
- First add the blueberries and banana to a blender, then top them with the yogurt, chia seeds, honey and mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a few mint leaves.
Enjoy a fresh fruit smoothie for a Meatless Monday meal!