Grilled sweet potato salad
Sweet potatoes are perfect for summer — light on the waistline and simple to prepare. This fresh grilled salad will be sure to impress!
Talk about flavor overload! This simple grilled sweet potato salad is full of spices and grilled to perfection. It's served warm and makes a delicious summertime side dish or even a meatless main course.
Grilled sweet potato salad recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut in half and sliced into 16 wedges
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold water. Boil and cook till sweet potatoes are soft but still firm. You do not want them overcooked. Drain potatoes once they are cooked.
- In a small dish whisk together lime juice, olive oil, kosher salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin and garlic powder.
- Add drained potatoes to spice mixture and gently toss.
- Add potatoes (save spice mixture) to an indoor or outdoor grill until you get dark grill marks.
- Add to a bowl and drizzle the potatoes with remaining spice mixture. Toss and serve warm.