Sliders aren't just for hamburgers! These simple crabcake sliders are pan fried till crispy, added to a grilled bun and drizzled with a homemade roasted red pepper sauce.
We have taken sliders to a whole new level! Crispy fresh crabcakes are put onto a soft slider bun and topped with a spicy roasted red pepper mayonnaise. This slider is crispy, fresh and full of summer flavor.
Crabcake sliders recipes
Yields 8 sliders
- 1 pound fresh picked crabmeat (jumbo or special)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 8 soft slider buns
- In a large bowl, add crab, 1/3 cup of the panko breadcrumbs, egg, green onions, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Gently mix together until combined.
- Divide into 8 small patties. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to help set the patties so they do not fall apart while cooking.
- Once ready to cook the patties, add remaining panko crumbs to a shallow dish and carefully coat each crabcake with panko.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in crabcakes and cook till brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add more butter if needed while frying.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- Open the bun and slather a little mayonnaise on the top of the bun and lettuce on the bottom of the bun. Add the crabcake and enjoy warm.