Looking for a healthy meat-free lunch option? These fresh hummus melts combine lots of flavor with not a lot of fat.
Need a healthy snack that will keep you full for hours but is light on calories? This simple hummus melt can be ready in under 15 minutes and is packed full of flavor. Use your favorite store-bought hummus or make it from scratch.
Hummus melts recipe
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, cut in half
- 1 cup hummus
- Fresh baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Set out English muffins and spread 1/4 cup hummus per English muffin half.
- Top with a handful of baby spinach and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Add topped English muffins to a baking sheet and broil under high heat until the cheese is melted.