Looking for a simple dish that is perfect for just two people? This flavorful enchilada dish is great for a couple and doesn’t leave you with days worth of leftovers.
When there are just two of you, there is no need to make enough food to feed a family of four. Unless you enjoy eating leftovers, there is just too much food. This recipe gives you just the right amount of food for two hungry adults. Shredded chicken, avocado, cilantro and cheese — what’s not to love?
Chicken and avocado enchiladas for two
Slightly adapted from Closet Cooking
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup jalapeño-based green salsa (use salsa verde for a less-spicy version)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, pit removed and flesh scooped from shell
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set aside a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- In a blender, add chicken stock, salsa, sour cream, avocado, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add shredded chicken, green onions and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Pour half of the sauce into the chicken mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the remaining sauce into the bottom of your 9 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- Lay out your flour tortillas and fill each flour tortilla with equal amounts of the chicken mixture. Roll up and place, seam side down, into the dish.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Top with a little chopped cilantro if desired.