Glazed ham and pineapple kebabs
The weeknight dinner routine is about to get a whole lot easier! These simple kebabs combine two classics — pineapple and ham. Your family will love these!
Ham and pineapple are perfect together. It's as though they were destined to be together. This simple kebab recipe takes barely any time to put together but is sure to please any ham and pineapple lover. We simply marinated the kebabs before cooking and then, when it was grill time, we took them out of the marinade and quickly grilled them. Your family will go crazy for these fun kebabs!
Glazed ham and pineapple kebabs recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) can cubed pineapple in juice, reserve 1/4 cup of the juice
- 2 tablespoons light sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 pounds cubed ham (we used a ham steak)
- 6 long bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- In a 9 x 9-inch glass casserole dish, add 1/4 cup of the canned pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Whisk to combine until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in pineapple chunks and ham. Marinate for at least 1 hour but up to overnight.
- Skewer ham and pineapple onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill on medium-high heat till slightly charred and browned.