Pulled chicken doesn’t have to be a boring dish. Try mixing it with Italian spiced tomatoes and fresh chopped kale. This is one sandwich that is packed with flavor!
Need a weeknight change-up that is big on flavor, short on time and sure to please the hungry crowds? This quick-and-easy slow cooker pulled chicken sandwich is the answer — filled with fresh chicken, tomato sauce and kale. We piled it high on a soft potato slider bun and topped it with a slice of provolone cheese.
Italian pulled chicken with kale sliders recipe
Yields 8 sliders
- 4 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kale
- 8 potato buns (slider size)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a slow cooker, add raw chicken breast, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When the chicken is done cooking, take it out of the slow cooker and shred. Let it sit while you prepare the sauce.
- In a large skillet add spaghetti sauce and chopped kale. Cook on medium heat till warmed and add in shredded chicken.
- Cook together until hot.
- Divide chicken between buns and top with provolone cheese.