Grilled banana s'mores
Trying to stay healthy this summer? Still craving dessert? Try bananas stuffed with marshmallows, dark chocolate and then grilled till melted and warm. Healthy and delicious!
Who says you cannot make dessert on the grill? There is no need to heat up an oven when the grill is still hot. This fresh fruit dessert will blow you away with how simple it is to throw together. All you need are fresh bananas, marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker cereal. Add together and put on the grill. This is the perfect summer dessert.
Grilled banana s'mores recipe
Yields 2 bananas
- 2 yellow bananas
- 20 miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- Carefully cut a 1-inch strip from the middle (going lengthwise) down the banana.
- Using a knife, cut the banana inside the peel into 1 inch slices.
- Stuff marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker cereal into the banana. Make sure you to fill up the sides of the banana peel and getting between each slice.
- Wrap the bottom of the banana in foil and add a few more marshmallows and chocolate chips on top.
- Add to a hot grill, close the lid and let cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. If you do not want to grill you can also broil your bananas in the oven following the same directions.