Summer pasta salad with zucchini & mint
For the warm days ahead of us, let's arm ourselves with good and healthy food that requires minimal cooking.
Beating summer's heat means minimizing the time in the kitchen without sacrificing the healthiness of what we eat. Zucchini, mint, Parmesan, pasta and extra-virgin olive oil are full of good things that make up a light, delicious and healthy meal. Go ahead and enjoy what a summer dish is all about.
Summer pasta salad with zucchini and mint recipe
- 2 zucchini, cut into round slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- 7 ounces bowtie pasta (or any short pasta like penne or fusilli)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan cheese), grated or shaved
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. When the water boils, add some salt. Cook the pasta following the cooking time suggested in the packaging. When it is cooked, drain the hot water then replace with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain the water again. Coat with extra-virgin olive oil so that the pasta won't stick to each other. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat in a skillet with extra-virgin olive oil, brown the zucchini slices. When they turn brown, sprinkle with salt.
- In a serving bowl, mix the cooled cooked pasta, zucchini slices and mint leaves.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.