In this fun healthy dish, we used fresh zucchini and transform it into long noodles that look like real pasta! We tossed our “pasta” in a fresh and creamy avocado dressing, creating a super-healthy meal that’s gluten-free and vegan.
This recipe not only tastes amazing but you will never believe that the “noodles” are actually raw zucchini. We used a spiralizer to create these long pasta-like noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer or don’t want to buy one, a simple julienne peeler will work just as well but yield a short and thinner noodle. The avocado sauce gives this dish a healthy dose of fats, fiber and adds creaminess. Even your pickier eaters or kids will be fooled!
Raw zucchini noodles with creamy avocado sauce recipe
For the creamy avocado sauce
- 1 medium avocado, halved and pit removed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk or soy milk
- 1 garlic clove
- Few dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the zucchini pasta
- 2-3 large zucchini, ends removed, spiralized
- Fresh veggies as garnish (we used cherry tomatoes)
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the sauce and process until velvety smooth. Give the sauce a quick taste to see if it needs additional seasoning.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a bowl and pour the sauce over top. With tongs gently toss the noodles mixing well. Divide between 2 plates and garnish with tomatoes. Serve immediately.