Raw zucchini noodles with creamy avocado sauce
In this fun healthy dish, we used fresh zucchini and transform it into long noodles that look like real pasta! We tossed our “pasta” in a fresh and creamy avocado dressing, creating a super-healthy meal that’s gluten-free and vegan.
This recipe not only tastes amazing but you will never believe that the "noodles" are actually raw zucchini. We used a spiralizer to create these long pasta-like noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer or don't want to buy one, a simple julienne peeler will work just as well but yield a short and thinner noodle. The avocado sauce gives this dish a healthy dose of fats, fiber and adds creaminess. Even your pickier eaters or kids will be fooled!
Raw zucchini noodles with creamy avocado sauce recipe
For the creamy avocado sauce
- 1 medium avocado, halved and pit removed
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk or soy milk
- 1 garlic clove
- Few dashes of hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the zucchini pasta
- 2-3 large zucchini, ends removed, spiralized
- Fresh veggies as garnish (we used cherry tomatoes)
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the sauce and process until velvety smooth. Give the sauce a quick taste to see if it needs additional seasoning.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a bowl and pour the sauce over top. With tongs gently toss the noodles mixing well. Divide between 2 plates and garnish with tomatoes. Serve immediately.