Some pre-made ingredients are all you need to make this simple but delicious lemon trifle.
Layers of flavor
Nobody will ever guess that you took a shortcut with this lovely layered dessert. Airy angel food cake and creamy lemon curd make a perfectly light end to a meal.
Easy lemon trifle recipe
Serves about 12
- 1 angel food cake, cut into chunks
- Dessert wine (like sherry) or lemonade for a nonalcoholic version
- 1-1/2 cups lemon curd (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Place a layer of angel food cake into the bottom of trifle dish.
- Sprinkle the cake with dessert wine to scantly cover the cake (about 1 tablespoon).
- Top with a layer of lemon curd, then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers as many times as needed fill the trifle dish.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
For individual servings, layer trifle ingredients in Mason jars or other small glass dishes.