Homemade organic chicken broth
Nothing compares to good-quality homemade chicken broth. Here's a delicious easy recipe for making our very own stock right at home. This broth is full of flavors such as carrots and garlic and infused with fresh herbs. Never buy that dreadful canned broth again.
This homemade broth is so delicious! We added lots of organic veggies, fresh herbs, garlic and a splash of vinegar to help marry these wonderful flavors together. Use this flavorful broth in homemade chicken soup, sauces or gravies.
Homemade organic chicken broth recipe
Inspired by deliciously organic
Yields approximately 2-1/2 quarts
- 1 (4-5 pound) chicken
- 4 organic carrots
- 3 organic celery stalks
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 3-4 fresh or dry bay leaves
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 1 large sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Over medium heat, add all of the ingredients to a large stockpot. Fill the stockpot with enough water to submerge the entire chicken. Add the lid and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow the broth to simmer for 6-8 hours on low heat.
- With a ladle, add the broth to canning jars and tightly secure the lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months.