One sip of this delicious smoothie, and you’ll feel like you’re on vacation in a tropical paradise, just relaxing by the ocean with your feet in the cool sand.
So maybe you don’t have time to take a vacation to a tropical paradise but here’s the next best thing. Sit back, relax and give this cool and refreshing smoothie a try. It really hits the spot on a hot day, or any day for that matter. All you need to do is add six ingredients to a blender, blend away and you have a smoothie that will make your day.
Banana coconut smoothie recipe
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 whole bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup whole seedless green grapes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (for garnish)
- 1 thick slice banana per serving (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a blender, add the whole bananas, coconut milk, shredded coconut, grapes, yogurt and ice cubes.
- Blend on the smoothie setting.
- While the smoothie is blending, in a small bowl add the lime juice and the thick slices of banana. Coat the bananas on all sides with the lime juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses and top with the remaining shredded coconut for garnish.
- Put one slice of banana on the lip of each serving glass for garnish and serve immediately.