How to make overnight oat bars
Whether you make these oatmeal bars a night ahead, or as a late afternoon snack, they're sure to please both you and the munchkins.
Easy and t'OAT'ally delish!
Whether you make these oatmeal bars a night ahead or as a late afternoon snack, they're sure to please both you and the munchkins.
Overnight oat bar recipe
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups classic oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups Silk soy milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray until the bottom and insides are well-coated.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in one bowl; stir well. Add half of the walnuts, strawberries and chocolate chips to the mixture until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix the soy milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract until blended together.
- Add the dry oat mixture to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, strawberries and walnuts on the oats. Thinly slice the banana and distribute evenly on top.
- Pour the milk mixture evenly over the oats, and shake the pan so the liquid soaks through the layers.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- To end on an even sweeter note, sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the casserole dish when it is still warm out of the oven. Slice and serve.