Although you may seem to question the word, a trifle is just a fancy way to say layered dessert. This recipe for black and white trifle is super simple to make and even better to eat! Friends and family will be begging for more.
Mouths will water with this simple dessert
Black and white trifle recipe
- 1 pre-made devil’s food cake
- 1/2 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 tub Cool Whip, defrosted
- Chocolate pudding
- Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1 tub Cool Whip Icing, defrosted
- Cut the cake up into 1-inch pieces and place the pieces of chocolate cake into the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle Kahlua over the cake and let sit overnight.
- Make a piping bag out of a Ziploc bag for the Cool Whip and make a layer of Cool Whip on top of the cake pieces.
- Add another layer of chocolate cake pieces.
- Similar to the Cool Whip layer, create piping bags out of Ziploc bags and pipe 2 bags of chocolate pudding on top of the cake and spread around evenly.
- Add a layer of Oreo crumbles and place more chocolate cake pieces on top.
- Pipe Cool Whip Icing on top of the trifle and spread it out evenly, then top it all off with some more Oreo crumbles.