This recipe is an easy way to incorporate healthy veggies into your daily breakfast. A breakfast pizza is a simple and delicious start to your day. If you are looking to get your kids to eat more veggies or impress a houseguest, these breakfast pizzas are guaranteed to impress.
sweet potato breakfast pizza
Breakfast pizza recipe
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, roast the sweet potato until soft, approximately 1 hour.
- Once cooked, place the sweet potato on a cool cutting surface and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice it in half and scoop out one side of the potato with a spoon and discard the skin. Place the scooped potato into a food processor and blend until smooth. This puree will act as the sauce for the pizza.
- Next, preheat oven to 450 degrees F and peel the remaining half of the sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Gently toss the cubes of sweet potato in the seasonings. Roast cubes in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft but not crisp. Remove sweet potato cubes and let cool.
- Lightly flour a clean flat work space and set out whole wheat pizza dough at room temperature. Divide dough into 4 even parts. Roll out each ball of dough with a rolling pin into the shape of small pizza. Transfer the flattened dough to a lightly greased edgeless baking sheet.
- Spread the sweet potato puree evenly over the pizza dough. Top the puree with shredded Gouda cheese and roasted sweet potato cubes. Carefully crack 1 egg in the middle of each pizza, keeping the yolk whole.
- Bake pizzas at 450 degrees F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes carefully remove baking sheet and let pizzas sit directly on baking rack for 2-4 minutes.
- Season each to taste with salt and pepper and top each pizza with chopped chives. Enjoy your gourmet breakfast pizza!