If you’ve never had a balsamic roasted strawberry, you haven’t lived, at least in our book. The sweetness of the berry pairs with the tang of the balsamic like peanut butter pairs with jelly. Topped with whipped cream, this is the ultimate summer dessert.
To make this luscious summer dessert even better for pool parties and block parties, we turned them into cute little shooters. For a fun boozy twist, roast the strawberries in rum or bourbon as well as the balsamic vinegar.
Roasted strawberry and balsamic shooters
Yields about 10-12 shooters.
- About 4 angel food cake cupcakes
- 1/2 pint strawberries, hulled
- About 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place strawberries in the baking dish. Top with honey and balsamic. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until strawberries are bubbly. Remove remaining sauce from pan and place in a small bowl. Place strawberries in a mixing bowl and lightly smash.
- To assemble the shooters, crumble the cupcakes. Place about 1 teaspoon of cake on the bottom. Top with 1 teaspoon of roasted strawberry. Repeat a second time. Top with a dab of freshly whipped cream (about 3/4 teaspoon) and drizzle with leftover balsamic glaze. Chill until serving.