Easy Southwestern breakfast bake
What's better than a one dish breakfast? This breakfast bake is loaded with fluffy eggs, cheeses and fresh veggies and spiced up with jalapeños. This is a great make-ahead recipe that can double as a lunch should there be leftovers.
We love breakfast bakes. In this dish we use organic eggs and whip them up with heavy whipping cream which creates a very rich dish once baked. If you prefer a dish that is less rich, opt for using half-and-half or milk. This also packs well so you can easily transport it in your lunchbox for a healthy lunch.
Easy Southwestern breakfast bake recipe
- 6 organic whole eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, half-and-half or milk
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the eggs and heavy whipping cream, mixing well. Add in the additional ingredients stirring gently.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is cooked completely. Allow to cool several minutes and slice into wedges. Serve warm.