Waldorf salad is a timeless dish. Serve up a classic for Sunday dinner with this delicious, satisfying salad!
Classic meals are timeless for a reason — they taste great! For Sunday dinner, toss together this recipe for easy chicken Waldorf salad. A traditional Waldorf salad includes celery, apple, walnuts and a mayo-based dressing. This version takes a bit of a twist by using yellow bell pepper in place of celery, and adding dried cranberries, onion and mixing in arugula. To make things easy for your meal prep, use either a rotisserie chicken you pick up at the grocery store, or precooked chicken breast from the deli. This salad makes a delightful, satisfying meal.
Easy chicken Waldorf salad recipe
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups arugula or lettuce greens
- 1-1/2 red apples, cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed yellow bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, arugula, apple, bell pepper, onion and cranberries. Toss so everything is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the walnuts and toss to mix them into the salad.
Salad can be a satisfying meal!